Skip to main content

Client-Server Architecture Made Easy


Servers Made Easy:

Whenever you visit a website, you see many pictures, videos, text etc. This is known as the data of the website. If you want to see this data every time you visit that website, the website’s data should be stored in a device that is connected to the internet at all times. These devices are called Servers. These servers store the data of the website and are connected to the internet so that the website works 24/7.

In simpler terms, A server is a computer that stores data and sends it when it is asked for.

Based on these observations, let’s derive the features of a server.

Characteristics of a Server:

1. Servers always wait to serve the requests.
2. In order to serve the request, a server may communicate with other related servers as well.

But the question is, who asks for the data from the server?

Clients Made Easy:

When you type ‘facebook.com’ and hit enter, the data of the website
should get loaded from servers, but who’s asking to load the data of
the website?
It’s your PC (web browser), which is in fact also known as
Client in this case.

Based on these observations, let’s derive the features of a client.

Characteristics of a Client:

1. Requests the data from the server.
2. Waits for the server to receive data.

Client-Server Made Easy:

Now that you know about clients and servers, let’s combine both of them and
look at what is known as Client-Server Architecture”.


Let’s take a very general example.

If you want to get something, you must ask something. Similarly, if you want to visit a website, you are in turn asking to load the data of the website. Thereafter, the data is fetched from the web servers and finally, the website is loaded. Here there are two main roles involved – The client, which is requesting to load the website and the Server, which is presenting the data that is requested by the client.

This coordination between Client and Server is simply known as Client-Server Architecture



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

First post!

Hello World, My name is Sai Rohith Karanam, currently pursuing BTech Computer Science Engineering at Lovely Professional University, Punjab. I am a tyro in writing blogs. I'm just exploring a new field in my life. Actually, I would like to share something that happened before writing this blog. From the past 5 days, I was constantly trying to write a blog and was searching like hell all over the internet. All the questions in my mind like, where to publish my blog? what to write in my blog? These type of questions kept flashing through my mind honestly till today afternoon. I then saw some videos of "how to own a domain name and buy web hosting for a cheaper price", the cheaper price I finally got is 6000 INR, but I don't want to take a risk by affording money as I am still a novice. If at all I want to afford the money, let me gain a little bit of experience by writing here and then afford it later. Then, all of a sudden, an idea flashed through my mind and s

10 lessons I have learnt in 2020...

2020 is a year of shocks, surprises, learnings and a lot of introspection for me. I know with the arise of corona pandemic, many people have lost their lives, lost their jobs, lost their own families but still, there are a lot of things we need to be grateful for. For example, at this moment, you are alive, you are reading this, your senses are working properly and above all, your health is perfectly alright in spite of the pandemic.  Now tell me, how many good things are there that we need to be grateful for amidst of corona chaos? Every year is an experience we gain for the future, experience from the mistakes that we've done, experience from the way we have responded in a particular situation and experience from our self-fulfilling prophecies. So like everyone else, this year has really taught me some valuable lessons which I believe are the first step to achieving my goals. So I thought, why not share my experience of this year with people so that they may learn something out o

Purpose in Life vs Purpose of Life

A gentle disclaimer, This post is only written on the basis of my thoughts and perspectives. It is not intended to hurt anyone's beliefs and traditions. Okay, let's start. We study at prestigious universities, we get the highest paying jobs, we get lots of money which is well enough to buy every single thing for our own comfort, our parents will be very proud of everything we have achieved and a lot more praise from the society. Are these enough for your life to be successful? If you said no, you're on the right path. But if you said yes, Think again! Today we are in the year 2020, let's move a 1000 years back. Because you were born in the 20th or 21st century, you are struggling to become a doctor or an IT professional. What if you were born 1000 years ago? Well, you might opt fishing as your career, right? What did this symbolise?  Our purpose in life, which means it is the purpose which we should fulfil to make a living for our life keeps on varying.  Today, you are